Solar Course 40 HR
1st day: Basics
- Solar Energy Fundamentals.
- Components of PV systems
- PV cell types and its technology.
- PV Markets and Applications(street lighting system and solar pumpingsystem)
- Basics of solar electricity: series and parallel connections.
- I-V- characteristic curve of PV System.
- PV orientation and shading.
2nd day :- System Components
- Battery types and its technology.
- Inverter types and its technology.
- Charge controller types and its technology.
- PV System types: -off Grid system, ON Grid system, and Hybrid System.
3rd day:- System Design
- Voltage drop calculations
- Wire sizing
- System protection: (surge Aerostar-circuit breaker- switches-mc4 connectors)
- Two-way relay meter
- On-grid system design
- Off grid system design
4th day: Training day
- Case study
- Practical installation
5th day :- Introduction to Solar thermal system
- Irradiation and Irradiance
- Geometry of solar elevation
- Solar Hot Water Thermal System
- Types of hot water solar systems
6th day :- Solar thermal system Components
- Solar thermal energy collectors and It’s Types
- Collector performance indices
- Storage tank
- Expansion tank
- Solar station
- Piping , valves , and pipe insulation
- Heat transfer fluid
- Heat exchangers
- Back-up/supplemental heater
- Solar thermal system different Configurations
7th day :- System Design 1 (consumption, collector & store sizing)
- Solar efficiency vs. Solar fraction
- collector optimum orientation and inclination
- Geometry of collector distance
- Estimating consumption
- Collector area
- store volume
8th day :- System Design 2 (Detailed system design)
- Collector selection, array configuration and connection.
- system flow rate & pressure losses calculations
- Network Piping sizing ,and selection.
- Pump Sizing ,and selection.
- Heat Exchanger sizing ,and selection.
- System Safety components sizing ,and selection.
- System volume and pressure calculation.
- Expansion Vessel sizing ,and selection.
- Case study.
9th day :- Design system in Computer Program
- PV Syst. Program